Reading Time: 4 minutes
Table of Contents
A lot of webmasters do not realize the importance of “non crappy” content, so today we are going to discuss the important of creating content that not only satisfies the search engines but also satisfies the end user. Henry H. Hernandez from Texas SEO (a Dallas SEO Company) states: “Our end goal is to increase sales and convince our visitors to take our call to action seriously.”
We want to first establish that the content we are creating is going to be grammatically correct, no spelling issues, and creating content that IS helpful to the users. We do not want to create hard, boring to read, difficult to understand content that serves little to no purpose. Now that we got that out of the way let’s move forward with some content creation basics.
We all know that paying for a good writer is sometimes hard to do, but we often overlook the benefits of having an objective, third party, marketing guru to help us make smart business decisions. You should contact multiple people in this field and get different opinions from people with different backgrounds. If you do not have a content and marketing guru on staff, you will need to outsource.
When you are contacting consultants there are many that are available on an hourly basis for a fee. Feel free to shop around and go with someone you feel you can trust, has the knowledge, skills, and past experience to help carry you through your internet marketing strategy as a whole. At the very least you will want this individual, company, or Friend to play an integral un-biased strategist in your plans.
Important Points for proper On-Page SEO Strategies of your website
On each and every page of your website you are going to want to take the following into consideration:
- Include a headline. The top headline should immediately tell your visitors what the page is all about. It should sell! Remember, right below the headline should be some text describing how the service will help the visitor. You are going to want to make this “Sales Copy”.
- (Most Important!) There must be an SEO strategy for each and every page on your website. Each page of your website should also tune into the overall strategy of the website as a whole. Your home page will include 3 to 5 broad keywords that describe what your website is all about, and your internal pages going more into depth regarding what was already presented on your home page. I can’t stress this enough, GOOGLE IS VERY BIG ON STRUCTURE OF YOUR CONTENT AND WEBSITE. Do not forget this. Choose 3 to 5 primary keywords per page and once you start getting traffic for those keywords you will want to then expand on them utilizing the same strategy and systems.
- The content you create will help persuade the user to take your call to action. You will want to create trust with trust building images, and again use this to persuade them to fill out a form, call your phone, send you an email, or whatever your call to action is on your page. Don’t forget to remind the visitors why they need your product or service, and why they NEED YOU for the job.
- Give options for other related services. This should be subtle and non-intrusive. Sidebar menus are great for this as well as drop down menus or floating objects. Please stay away from Pop-Ups, they are very annoying (personal opinion).
- Again, this is very critical. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR CALL TO ACTIONS CAREFULLY MAPPED OUT FOR EVERY PAGE!
- Remember, this is hard! Writing content for both the user and getting the job done for SEO is difficult. Please keep this in mind. You will most likely be dynamically creating content for your pages on an ongoing basis. For now, get the content to convert your call to action to satisfactory percentages, validate your marketing methods, and then improve upon both of them.
How to Plan Your Content Effectively
- Ask the sales people! Yes, this is a very effective yet simple strategy. They will know what potential clients main concerns are, and what needs to be presented and in what fashion. Get their insight, IT HELPS!
- Competition. Do your research. Use your best tools to see what they are doing, how they are doing it, why it’s working, how you can improve upon it, and move forward with a plan.
- Ask around. Contact others within your industry and get their insight as well. You will get a lot of fluff with this tactic, but will help you in the long run if you can see where their heads are at and how you can improve upon their insights.
- Audit your current website page by page for SEO best practices.
- Research & Plan. Don’t forget to map out your strategy as a whole. Research what needs to be done, create a plan with goals and timelines, then move forward. If you need help along the way you can always hire a consultant, ask a friend, research on the internet, and visit some forums for Q&A sessions.
Your end result in creating great, researched, well planned, SEO Optimized, persuasive, trust building content piece that helps you not only get ranked in the search engines but make sales for your products or services. Keep this in mind. There is light at the end of the tunnel, so please don’t short cut your SEO or Content efforts as creating “crappy” content will only hurt you in the long run.
Henry H. Hernandez is the owner and operator of a Dallas SEO Company, Texas SEO. Henry loves to help medium to small businesses succeed online via search marketing. Henry eats, breathes, and sleeps Search Marketing. Texas SEO is simply a result of such dedication to online marketing and helping others succeed on the innerwebs.