Reading Time: 3 minutes
The importance of a business’s online presence is very vital to its success. Businesses today are spending a great deal of time and money in making their websites as optimal as possible for their visitors. This involves not only fetching a good amount of clicks to your website, but also a good converting your online visitors into customers. A number of different web design factors need to be considered that makes a website fascinating to its visitors and gets it in the top of the most popular search engine results.
The overall look and feel of the website
The first and the most important thing to focus on is the overall look and feel of your website. This is because when a customer visits your website he/she should feel comfortable and easy in doing business with you. The first impression of your website should be visually appealing as well as action provoking in order to increase visitor conversions. Take into account the following guidelines as a part of overall look and feel.
- Contain well-organized and relevant information in the most easily visible portions of your website so that they get the most attention of your visitors.
- Update your design according to the season and other relevant factors of your niche market so that it doesn’t look outdated and non-catchy.
- Get your menus and itemization charts correct and organized so that the visitor don’t get lost.
- Incorporate relevant easy to use e-commerce features such as shopping cart, easy to fill forms etc.
- Make everything on your website do exactly what it says and explain everything in the most simple and concise way possible to make sure they are comprehended easily by the widest audience possible. This is further discussed in detail in the following heading.
Visitor-Friendly Pages and Ease-of-use
At the core of good traffic and conversion rate are the visitor-friendly pages. This essentially means integrating the following features on your webpages.
- Generate quality content that is unique and error free. Look out for the spelling mistakes and other mechanical errors and fix them as soon as possible. These types of mistakes do not leave a very bad impression on the visitors and make you lose credibility. Preferably you should optimize your website every quarter of the year, to fix any misspellings, incorrect sentences and phrasing, broken links, incorrect referencing, outdated stuff etc.
- Keep the portfolio of your respective competencies, catalogues and flyers updated with the recent developments. This will make the potential customers intrigued with all the attractive offers and sales you offer and they will continue to explore and find exciting items at your website.
- Sell your product – Remember that your goal is not just to advertise your product on your website but also to sell them to the potential buyers. Therefore, make sure you include appropriate store locations and contact information at your website. This not only makes the steps easier but also adds a trust factor to the customer relationship. Complement this by redirecting links to your websites at the social networking pages. This tells the visitors they are buying from an authentic seller and proves to be a very strong point in achieving a good conversion rate.
- The design of your website should convey clearly what you offer.
- Remember that you should encourage the visitor to take the action otherwise they wouldn’t bother themselves into finding the appropriate content at your website. Every page at your website should be followed by an appropriate other page so that the visitors don’t get lost.
The key to a good piece of information is always revision. You should revise your webpages several times before the final version is ready.Similarly you’ll need to go through a series of design changes in order to determine which one is most suitable for your audience. It is also important to understand how your visitors interact with your website and what their relative tastes are. A good way to determine this is by using a Google Web Optimizer. There are also several tools available that provide information regarding conversion and allow you to address the issues relating to it, such as Google Analytics and Google Page Speed Insights. You can tune your website’s look and performance either according to the information provided by these tools or adjust according to your own interpretations and conclusions drawn from the information and past experience.
You should also use texts as much as possible instead of images, because of the two reasons. Firstly, images take more time to load and secondly because images do not provide any useful information to the search engines other than through the alt-text data. You should also make sure your images are not too largely scaled or down-scaled.
Practicing these easy to follow web design optimization tips will make sure that you don’t lose any potential customers who visit your website. This will eventually lead to increased revenue by drawing more attention and good conversion at your website.